A day after local transmission of the COVID-19 Delta variant was confirmed by the Health Department, Metro Manila is placed again under general community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions beginning Friday, July 23 until July 31, 2021.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque announced Friday that President Rodrigo Roa Duterte has approved the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emereging Infectious Diseases to place, again the National Capital Region (NCR) under GCQ with heightened restrictions.
“Inaprubahan po ng ating Presidente ang rekomendasyon ng inyong IATF na ipasailalim ang National Capital Region at apat pang probinsya sa ilalim po ng GCQ with heightened restrictions. Ito po ay mula July 23, 2021 hanggang July 31, 2021,” said Roque.
Aside from Metro Manila, other areas that will be under GCQ with heightened restrictions are Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Davao del Norte and Davao de Oro.
The decision was reached following a meeting of the IATF on Thursday.
The Philippines has so far recorded 47 cases of the highly transmissible Delta variant.
Roque said under GCQ with heightened restrictions, minors—or those aged 5 years old to 17—are not allowed to go outside their homes.
Metro Manila was previously under GCQ supposedly until the end of July.
Under GCQ with heightened restrictions, personal care services are allowed to operate at 30% capacity as long as they are not requiring face mask removal.
If the establishment has a Safety Seal, however, they may operate an additional 10% capacity.
Outdoor tourist attractions are likewise permitted, but only at 30% capacity.
Also, staycation hotels are allowed to operate for up to 100% venue capacity while other government-accredited establishments may operate at 30% capacity. Roque said there are no age restrictions for staycations.
Indoor dining is allowed for 20% while outdoor dining is allowed for 50%, however, indoor dining may increase by 10% capacity if the establishment has Safety Seal. (PIA-NCR)